Mission, Vision & Beliefs
The American International School of Brazzaville is committed to developing student intellect, character and a sense of community through an enriched American curriculum in a challenging, diverse and secure environment.
A learning community of distinction, inspiring students to achieve academic potential, making positive contributions to society and progressing as respectful, informed and prepared global citizens.
We believe that:
- High expectations and positive student-teacher relationships are the cornerstone of education
- Critical, creative and independent thinking are essential components of education
- Learning is a life-long process
- All children learn in different ways
- Education is a shared responsibility between students, teachers and parents
- It is our responsibility to challenge students to discover and develop their potential
- Students are motivated by a supportive environment that encourages curiosity, discovery and problem solving
- Our school environment should enhance the development of the whole child: physically, intellectually, socially, emotionally and spiritually
- Awareness and respect for the environment is essential to global citizenship
- Diversity enriches the school community
- Students are responsible for becoming positive agents of change in the world