Will it be challenging? Without a doubt, the answer is yes. We are a new school putting all the pieces in place in a country that has a similar mission. In both cases all the “roads” are not paved and travel can be “bumpy.” Consider AISB if you want a personally and professionally rewarding experience in the heart of Africa.
An AISB teacher is:
- Interested in being challenged
- Resilient and flexible
- Student centered and always has the good of the “team” guide them
- Skilled / understands the importance of differentiated instruction
- Optimistic and creative
- Collaborative with colleagues and community members
- Courageous in the face of adversity
Interested teachers should have a bachelor's degree with a certificate or license to teach. While at least two years of teaching experience is preferred, and some direct knowledge about living in Africa is helpful, candidates without experience will be considered. Initial contracts are for two years and may be renewed.
See available employment opportunities, new teacher information, and how to apply for further details.